Serving Size: About 1.5 cups
Carbs: 31 grams
Fat: 9.4 grams
Protein: 37 grams
2 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 lbs. 94% Lean Ground Turkey
1- 28 oz. Can of 100% natural diced tomatoes
2- 15.5 oz. cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
2 small-medium onions, chopped
2 medium- large green bell peppers, chopped
3 tsp. minced garlic (in water)
2 Tbsp. chili powder
2 tsp. cayenne pepper
3 tsp. ground cumin
Himalayan or Sea Salt to taste
Franks- Hot Sauce to taste (optional)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add turkey, bell pepper, onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add chili powder, cumin, salt and cayenne pepper; cook stirring occasionally for 2 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes (with liquid) and black beans (rinsed and drained). Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring occasionally for 15-25 minutes until chili is at your desired consistency.
- If you want some spice or some extra flavor, add Franks- hot sauce and Eat up!