I do the best I can to get the most volume out of my macros (carbs, fat and protein). I want the most satisfying snacks and meals that take up the least amount of my daily macros and still taste deeee-lish!
This breakfast sandwich is a great snack, pre or post workout or, of course, breakfast option.
1 “Fold it” protein pita
1/4 cup egg whites
1 tomato slice
1 layer of spinach leaves
2 slices Jones Canadian Bacon
1/8 cup 2% milk shredded mild cheddar cheese
Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray (to grease pan for egg)
- Grease small pan and preheat over medium heat
- Pour egg-white into pan. Cook until most of the egg-white has solidified, flip to finish cooking.
- Place cheese, Canadian bacon and spinach on cooked egg-white.
- Fold egg-white over the toppings and continue cooking until cheese has melted.
- Insert filling into the pita and place in the pan to “toast” pita.
- Add tomato and jalapenos if desired and eat up!