Your Guide to Coaching with Rita Giegel Fitness, LLC
Investing in your health is a big decision and an empowering one. You are taking the first steps or a new approach to create the life you want to live. There is a lot of information here. Since coaching is a commitment and an investment, I recommend reading through this information carefully and creating a list of any additional questions you have for me. I want to make sure that you feel 100% confident that working together is a good fit for you and my coaching style matches what you are looking for. When you feel confident in your coach great things can happen.
How do I know if coaching is right for me?
Nutrition and Fitness coaching through RGF, LLC is perfect for anyone who is tired of the fads and yo-yo dieting and ready to make lasting change in their health and in their life by reaching and maintaining their goals long term. It’s also great for anyone who wants to educate themselves on nutrition and fitness that fits their goals and needs. My programs are researched and scientifically based. If you have any additional questions, please reach out and I would love to help you decide if coaching is a good fit for you!
Here are different goals that I have helped clients reach:
- Lose weight/fat
- Gain weight/lean muscle mass
- Get control of eating habits
- Break poor health habits for good
- Improve fitness or athletic performance
- Move better- improve flexibility, balance, agility, speed and strength
- Gain confidence in the gym
- Improve sports performance
- Build overall confidence through fitness and health
- Relieve stress through exercise, nutrition and lifestyle management
- Get ready for a wedding or special event and more
I have worked with clients from all walks of life, ability levels and with many different goals including what you see above.
There are so many coaches, trainers and programs out there, why should I choose Rita Giegel Fitness, LLC?
- My education:
- M.S. Exercise Science, Fitness and Wellness Promotion- California University of PA
- NASM- Certified Personal Trainer
- Precision Nutrition Certified
- B.S. Health and Physical Education- Slippery Rock University of PA
- Power Plate Certified
- My experience: I have worked with hundreds of people of all ages, ability levels, backgrounds and with various goals through coaching, training and teaching.
- My credibility: I get clients results. I have never had a committed client who didn’t get results. If you have a goal, I WILL help you reach it and I am fully committed to this process.
- I get to know you. I want to learn about who you are and what you need from your coach.
- I’m flexible. I don’t have one rigid approach. I learn about you as an individual and help you build the right habits into your lifestyle, naturally.
- You’ll be educated and empowered. During and after our coaching you will be educated and empowered to live the life you desire. You’ll know how to maintain your goals and feel confident in your abilities to do so.
- Accountability: As your coach I will help keep you accountable. When the excitement of getting started wears off, I will be there to motivate you and help you stay focused and on track during all parts of this process.
How Does Nutrition Coaching Work?
- Each week, you will have a weekly coaching session/accountability check-in either by phone, e-mail or in-person. This session helps me get more information to make necessary changes and progressions to your program for best results. In addition, through conversation, I will learn what challenges you are facing so I can help you face them head on and be successful. We will also set new short-term goals that move you closer to your long-term goals.
- Based on the goals we set, I will provide you with easy to understand scientific and first-hand education, so you understand why your weekly goal is an important part of success and how to put this goal into action.
- Each week you may have activities or to do’s that directly apply to your fitness and nutrition success. This may include watching videos related to your goals, reading articles or completing a worksheet that gives me information to helps me individualize your coaching.
- You will be required to track specific information related to your goals so I can use this to help you progress.
- This is NOT a quick fix. A staggering 95% of people who crash diet, will gain the weight back. In addition, data collected over the years from crash dieters shows that many actually gain more weight than before they started that diet. To add to this, restrictive dieting, cutting out nutrients like carbs or fat or starving yourself by fasting for example, can lead to disordered eating and a lower quality of life during the diet.
How does online fitness coaching/programming work?
- Based on your consultation, I will create a workout program that helps you reach your goals and fits your current ability level.
- Your program will include training education, a video demonstration for each exercise and modifications and challenge options for each exercise. You will also learn what muscles you are working during each exercise.
- You can choose an at home or gym training program. If you are working out at home. I may recommend specific equipment that will help you reach your goals safely and efficiently.
- Your programming will change as you progress so you continuously make progress towards your goals.
- If you are new to exercise, haven’t exercised in a long time, have pain while exercising or need guidance and support during your training session, in-person personal training would be a better option for you. I will guide you on this during your consultation.
Do you offer in-person personal training?
- I offer in-person personal training at Fitness U in Downtown Harrisburg, PA. I also offer in-home personal training (must meet specific requirements to ensure in-home training is appropriate).
- Click here for pricing
How do I know your programs work?
If you head over to my Instagram or Facebook @ritagiegelfitness you can see some of my client’s amazing transformations on my page. On Instagram, you can check out my highlight titled “Success Stories” on the top of my Instagram feed for some of my client’s transformations.
Long answer short, YES! Here is what you need to do to ensure success:
How do I know which program to choose?
After your complimentary consultation, I will give you my best advice based on my education and first-hand experience working with many unique clients.
How Quickly will I see results?
- By following your plan closely and consistently, you can expect to lose fat or build muscle at the following rates:
- Healthy weight loss is 1-2 pounds a week.
- Healthy weight gain by building lean muscle mass is approximately 1-2 lbs/month. This depends on many variables from person to person.
- People who consistently hit their goals and work to progress their goals at an appropriate pace, get results. Realistic and Appropriate Goals + Consistency = Success. I guide you on what is realistic and appropriate for your goals.
- You choose how big or small your weekly goals are. One of the reasons this works and is not a crash diet or a quick fix is because it takes life and individuality into account. Each week of your life won’t look exactly the same. In fact, each day probably won’t either. Some weeks it might be appropriate to work on a bigger goal and other weeks a smaller goal or even a goal to focus on maintaining your last goal. This process is slower than a crash diet, but that’s what makes it livable and sustainable. Instead of starving or having to pack your own food to go out to dinner or avoid eating a birthday cake at a birthday party, you can live your life, while getting results.
Will I get a meal plan?
- My mission is to educate my clients so they can be successful now and in the future long after the coaching is over. Creating meal plans, creates clients that are completely reliant on me. When you are educated, you can evaluate recipes to see if they are a good fit for YOUR goals, know what to eat on the road, at a restaurant or on vacation. Following a specific meal plan created by me, allows for no flexibility, no mindfulness and a very rigid diet. When the client deviates from the diet plan, they feel lost as to what to eat and feel they need to “re-start” or “get back on it.” When you work with me, you are building a lifestyle, not sticking to a diet now and will be off it later.
- I do work with you to help you develop meal plans based your nutrient and calorie needs and your food preferences.
- I educate you on what foods/food groups are necessary in the right portion sizes for your specific goals.
- I also provide you with healthy recipes and meal prep guidance.
Can I just buy 1 month of coaching?
- If you only have coaching for 1 month, it’s easy to have the mindset of going all in or 100%. This type of program breeds crash dieting. It also doesn’t allow the client to experience much life during the coaching process. One month may look great when a client clears their schedule to dedicate time to their new program. But what happens when it’s time for your beach vacation, the holidays hit or a close family member gets sick and your daily life has changed? In order to make this a lifestyle, it’s important to know how to maintain your healthy habits through all of life’s ups and downs.
- Also, let’s pretend that in order to reach your goals it takes building or changing 100 small habits. If you had to adopt all of these in one month, you would probably end up frustrated, overwhelmed, incapable of completing these habits and feeling defeated or like a failure because you fell short of very unrealistic goals. Therefore, we build 1 habit at a time. This takes time. And trust me, it works!
How much do your programs cost?
Do you offer payment plans?
- Sure do! With a payment plan, payments are due in increments of 3 months. For more information on payment plans, reach out and I will happily assist you.
Is the information shared in coaching confidential?
- YES! All information is completely confidential.
There are so many types of diets, what type of diet would I be following with coaching?
- From keto to paleo and intermittent fasting the world of dieting can be overwhelming and confusing. How do you know what advice you should be listening to? Here is the short answer: there is no best diet. What works for one person won’t necessarily work for another person. That’s why your consultation and one-on one coaching is so important. A good diet consists of getting the right nutrients in the right amounts for your body and goals.
Have a different question? Fill out the form below and I will get back to you soon!